Announcements of research funding opportunities are typically posted on the dedicated websites of the relevant federal agencies or other funders, as well as on government-wide sites like Grants.gov. It’s not always easy to find your way through this welter of information to locate opportunities that match your needs and interests. Various offices across campus provide tools that can help.
Review Recent Funding Program Announcements
- Review federal grant-making agencies: The federal government provides a master list of grant-making agencies on grants.gov (where it also provides tools to search for current grant opportunities.
- Selected upcoming FOAs: A list of upcoming funding opportunity announcements organized by agency and funding source, compiled by Research Administration and Compliance (RAC) at UC Berkeley.
- Databases and search engines: A resource list compiled by BRDO.
- Federal intel and updates: A list of recent reports from Lewis-Burke Associates, LLC, a leading government relations firm that provides UC Berkeley with intelligence on upcoming opportunities and federal agency priorities.
- Foundation and corporate funding opportunities: The Office of Foundation Relations and Corporate Philanthropy (FRCP) provides lists of funding opportunities from foundations and related sponsors.
Explore Targeted Funding Opportunities
UC Berkeley’s Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) and other campus sites provide additional information on funding opportunities for a variety of needs, subjects, and applicant types. Direct links to some of the most commonly requested opportunities are listed below by targeted needs, subjects, and applicant types.
Specific funding needs
Specific subject area
Specific applicant types
- Women and minorities
- New and early career faculty (listing by SPO)
- Emeritus faculty
- Postdoctoral researchers
- Graduate researchers
- Undergraduate researchers
Ask BRDO for help finding research funding.